Bath time doesn’t need to be stressful or worrying. These helpful tips will make sure you know exactly how to handle the tricky bathing situation.
|Baby’s Age||Method||Items Required|
Newborn and Infant
General things to know when bathing your baby!
- Position the bath somewhere stable
- Get everything ready before you start
- Take off jewellery and wash hands
- Fill bath, always using warm water, testing with elbow or wrist (approximately 36 degrees)
- Always keep your baby snug and warm after each bath to avoid from catching colds.
- Do not bathe your baby for too long. It may not be healthy for your baby.
- Use rubber mats to avoid slipping.
- NEVER leave your baby alone while bathing. Babies can drown quickly and quietly.
- Take extra care when cleaning sensitive areas such as baby’s ears, eyes, nose, creases and genital area.
- Do not scrub. A gentle rub and massage motion will suffice.
- Avoid injuring the umbilical cord.
- Trim baby’s finger nails to avoid baby from scratching and injuring themselves.
- Use soap-free bath liquids and fragrance-free cream to restore baby’s skin moisture and prevent irritation.
- Newborns do not need shampoo for hair cleaning
- Comb baby’s hair with a soft baby brush.