Make a Splash this summer with Swim Pants
Where to buy Swim Pants:
Are you and your baby heading to the pool, beach or a favourite swimming hole this summer? If so we have just what you need for extra FUN and confidence in your day.
BabyLove’s Swim Pants feature bold, colourful designs and are especially designed for all water use – so they won’t sag or swell. With a 360-degree soft and stretchy waist band, they can be effortlessly pulled on for a snug fit, and there are easy to tear side seams for a quick change!
Did you know, research shows that 81 percent* of families use a nappy when they take their child swimming, so BabyLove Swim Pants are a seasonal must have. BabyLove has also enlisted experts in water safety and learning to swim, the Australian Swim Schools Association (ASSA), for practical tips to get you started. (*BabyLove 2019 Quantitative Research) Check out these helpful ‘learn to swim’ tips from the Australian Swim Schools Association, and remember to pick up a pack of Swim Pants so your little is covered during any summer days.
ASSA’s 10 Baby Steps for You and Your Baby:
- Use bath time to develop an affinity between your newborn and water
- Hold your baby gently and introduce buoyancy and movement of water on their skin
- Use a flannel and eventually a cup, to familiarise your baby to the sensation of water on their face
- In swimming pools, securely hold your baby and encourage greater movement in the water to build their muscles, coordination and confidence in the water
- Start swimming classes! Babies readily embrace water so get started early. It’s also a great way to eliminate a fear of water developing later on.
- Invest in a comfortable pair of goggles to see underwater and a swim cap to keep their hair off their face
- Have a dress rehearsal – familiarise your child with their swim gear in the lead up to their first lesson
- Arrive early, stress less – Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before class so everyone’s relaxed and ready to go
- Try not to distract your child – Remember the teacher will need your child’s full attention
- Have Fun! Swimming is important to your child’s development, but so too is enjoying the class!
‘Introducing babies to swimming early not only ensures their future safety around water, but also leads to so many health benefits from gentle exercise, bonding through skin to skin contact, stimulating children’s appetites and improving sleep. Learning to swim is an essential life skill that every child should have the opportunity to access,’ says Australian Swim Schools Association’s General Manager, Emily McNeill.
The unisex range of BabyLove Swim Pants with playful prints for boys and girls is available in three sizes (S,M,L) spanning 6kg to 22kg.
Australian Swim Schools Association promotes learning to swim and water safety practices, and has over 350 Swim School members around Australia. Your local ASSA Member Swim School is ready to offer the highest quality lessons so you and your family stay SAFER in and around the water all year round. Safety around water and drowning prevention is critical to all Australians. For further information or to find your nearest school, visit Australian Swim Schools Association.